Since I finished up with school, I have been spending my time studying in preparation for by board exam. Since I can’t spend all day studying, I decided that I would build some end tables for our living room. So, I did and they turned out very nice.
It’s amazing how this pile of wood can turn into ———————> this table
The finished products before staining.
Completed tables —————————–> Then the set-up in the living room!
I was quite surprised and pleased with how these turned out, that I decided to make something else. Since we are going to have a new little one here very soon, I thought that I would attempt to make a changing table.
It turned out very nice as well and a lot cheaper for materials than buying one from the store.
To make things match a little better in the nursery, I wanted to stain a little book shelf that we had in that room before for books and toys, etc. So, while I was in the staining mood, I went ahead and re-finished that book shelf as well. It turned out pretty good, but the wood didn’t take to stain as good as the other pieces that I made. I think it looks good enough to match.
My next project was to give the vanity the Amanda’s Grandpa made for her 14 years ago a face lift. I used the same color stain and we also re-covered the bench. It turned out very nice as well. I made sure not to stain over or cover any of the messages from Grandpa on the back.
So, I think that is all of the wood projects I am planning on for a while. Next I’m on to painting the nursery!